Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Turn that frown upside down!

So as you all are very ware by my last post, I was waitlisted for the TAPIF program.  Of course this sad/ slightly devastating news bummed me out and made me reconsider my whole life for a second becasue i was really hoping to be accepted.


Well, 16 days after that email, I got another email today:

I got accepted to the Académie de Créteil!!!


OMG OMG OMG, soooo excited and I mean really excited.  I was in the library studying when I got the email and I literaly started screaming and jumping up and down, "I'm going to Paris!" "I'm going to Paris!" "I'm going to Paris!" 

Now of course I know Créteil is not quite Paris but it is the Paris region, so there is a possibility that I can live in Paris and commute (and trust me being from MD and having a job in DC I am more than familiar with commuting to work!) 

Whew...so in the meantime I need to start doing research on Créteil, seriously brush up on my French and dust off my teaching skills by volunteering at my old job.

3 comments:

  1. Again, congrats! I hope you live in Paris so I can totally have an excuse to come visit haha...just got an e-mail too about further details, so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I saw your post on the assistant forum that you got waitlisted, but for some reason my account on there is taking forever to get activated. I saw that you were in the DC area too, and I go to the University of Maryland so I was excited to see a fellow DC person going to France this fall! I got accepted to the Académie de Lyon (also after about a week on the waitlist), so I know we're not going to the same place, but... I just hoped to connect with some local people in the program! Sorry if I sound like a crazy person! :p

    --Mandy Maruchi-Turner

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! How exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete