Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lost in Translation

*sigh*...ok so I have completely written the English version of the application essay, which to my surprise was a completely painless endeavor.  The words completely flowed right out of my brain onto the piece of paper.....ah, the joys of speaking English.

So after sailing on cloud nine while writing the English version of the essay, I was abruptly ejected from the cloud when I started to translate in into FRENCH.  Translating this essay has been one of the most frustrating challenges my brain has had to overcome in a long time (and I minored in Biology and had to take extremely hard "-ology" classes).  It took me 2 hours to translate 300 English words and I ended up not going to bed until 3am.  The worst part is that half of the translation is complete shit because I'm not fluent in French and have to depend on the French I've learned from 2 semesters.  At this point I'm just trying to "get 'er done" with as few scars as possible...God I really hope they will understand what I am trying to say!

...did I mention that I'm a total procrastinator and that the essay is due tomorrow? MERDE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    I just came across your blog; I'm currently in the frantically-writing-a-tapif-essay phase (aahh). Just wanted to say that it's pretty helpful to read about your experiences with the process, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete