Sunday, October 3, 2010

So here we go...The 1st Post

Ok, so I finally decided to jump on the bandwagon and create a blog.  I think this new venture is comical because ever since I can remember I have been trying to document my thoughts and feelings in different journals.  I was cleaning my room the other day and found the remains of 10 different incomplete diaries, so only time will tell whether or not I am faithful to this blog.

Basically, I was pretty much forced to create this blog because I have been reading tons of blogs about a million different topics of my interest (bedroom remodeling, travel, relationships) but I could never leave a comment because I A.) didn't have a Gmail account and B.) didn't have a blogger account...so I killed 2 pretty birds with one stone and got both.  So I have spent my entire Lazy Sunday importing my whole entire life into my gmail account and leaving numerous question and comments on different blogs.

The purpose of this blog is to document some of my personal feelings and my hopes/ desires to travel.  To give you some background info about me, I am a 22-year old recent college grad who pretty much had her life planned out, almost to a 'T'.  But living in a shity difficult economy has not been easy and before I knew it, I found myslef jobless for 3 months.  Fortunately my old job took me back, so now I at least have a paycheck and could focus on beginning the medical school application process.  But there was this tiny voice inside me that kept growing and gaining momentum.  This voice, this feeling, kept reminding me of the urge I've always had to GO. GO and live life, GO and be young and stupid, Go and leave the country, GO and see the world.  I have always considered myself to be a "world citizen" becasue I am an American born Nigerian female who speaks Spanish, English and French.  I live to learn about new cultures, customs and traditions and enjoy exchanging my West-African-American culture for another's.  I have been to 3 different continents (each 2 week stints) but I never went abroad in college, and to this day that decisions kills me.  I have felt a strong feeling of incompleteness becasue I haven't spent a long amount of time abroad.  But no more of that! I am taking certain steps and will make certain decisions to make that dream a reality.

So here I am blogging my life away.  I want this blog to be honest, real and un-cut and I hope this blog can inspire or relate to someone just like other blogs have inspired me.


2 comments:

  1. I can really relate to pretty much everything in this post, but especially that feeling of go, go, GO! Even when I did have a job in the US and it seemed like it would be steady (before the lovely economy), I still was wondering about being abroad... and now, here I am and I am so glad I made this decision. So yay, go do it. It'll be fun following your adventures as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I can also relate but I'm still unemployed and praying to God that I get the position I want in Foreign Affairs that affords me lots of traveling opportunities. So all the best chica!

    rachie

    ReplyDelete